Kenya 9 days / 8 nights
The Splendours Of Africa
Day 1 & 2 : Nairobi
On arrival at the airport, meet our experienced guide and thereafter be transferred to Giraffe Manor a luxury boutique hotel that has maintained all the charm of 1930s era when it was built and is now famous for its resident herd of Rothschild Giraffe.
During the second day, breakfast will be served in the sun room, with its enormous windows flung open in welcome of the giraffe that come to join you. The most popular activity at Giraffe Manor is simply relaxing: there’s a blissfully comfortable atmosphere here and the sort of staff who tend to anticipate your habitual needs, whatever they may be – cold beer, cup of tea, snack, glass of water. Meeting, feeding and observing the delightful Rothschild giraffes is itself hugely enjoyable and particularly fun for children.
Local visits around the suburb of Karen include Nairobi National Park, the Elephant Orphanage run by the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, the Utamaduni crafts shop, Kazuri Beads (a very worthwhile community jewellery workshop employing homeless women), the Karen Blixen Museum and several small sculpture galleries. Overnight at Giraffe Manor
Day 3, 4 & 5: Samburu Game Reserve
Early this morning you will be transferred to the Wilson airport. Fly on the morning scheduled flight to the dry, rugged and stunning Samburu whose landscape is stark and sensual, with its iconic loaf shaped Lolokowe Mountain and hills spreading in every horizon. Meet the ever warm and welcoming guides at the airfield who will assist with a transfer to the 5 star Sasaab located within the Westgate Community Conservancy in Samburu in the northern part of Kenya.
Spend the next three days on safari in Samburu land. Game viewing drives here are vastly different to that found in any other part of Kenya. The Samburu Special Five (Grevy’s Zebra, Reticulated Giraffe, Somali Ostrich Gerenuk and Beisa Oryx) are found in the area. Gain knowledge on the Samburu traditions on the fascinating cultural trips. Explore the great outdoors in the Sasaab fly camps or take a ride on a camel. Or just relax and unwind at our luxurious Spa. Overnight at Sasaab Lodge.
Day 6, 7 & 8: Masai Mara National Reserve
We now fly to the extraordinary destination of the Masai Mara. Scenically, it epitomises the Africa of childhood imaginings: the lone Acacia tree against the cobalt sky, rolling plains that positively heave with life, the sluggish curves of the Mara River choc-a-bloc with hippo and crocs and the odd red «shuka» of a Masai herdsman who carry on their normal pace of life, largely oblivious of all the commotion around them.
The majesty of the animals on safari and the spectacular accommodation at the Ngerende Island Lodge combined with the warmth and family feeling will leave you with an unforgettable experience. Spend the days with morning, evening or even full day game drives, setting out at dawn to watch the natural world as it wakes up. The full day drive takes you further afield to different parts of the Mara where a picnic under a Kigalia Africana tree (also known as Sausage tree) can be set up. Discover the Mara’s vast array of birds from the privacy of your tent or as you lounge in one of the hammocks around camp.
Balloon rides are a fun way to view the game and enjoy the expanse of the Mara. It is also an exhilarating way to view the wildebeest migration in action. Overnight at Ngerende Island Lodge.
Day 9: Nairobi – Departure
After breakfast, you will take your final scheduled flight back to Wilson Airport in Nairobi. From here you will follow through with your post trip plans or take your flight back home.
- Giraffe Manor: superior accommodation on full board, soft drinks, beer and house wine, Nairobi transfers, visits to Daphne Sheldrick, Karen Blixen Museum, Giraffe Centre & laundry.
- Sasaab: airstrip transfers, game drives, guided bush walks, fly camping (by prior arrangement only. Sometimes it may involve exclusive hire of a vehicle @ USD 446 per day), all meals, house wines, house soft drinks, spirits, laundry, bush breakfast and sun downers.
- Ngerende Island Lodge: Full board accommodation, airstrip transfers, Soft drinks, house wine, local branded spirits, beers and bottled water, Daily shared game drives in open and closed 4x4land cruiser vehicles with professional driver guides, Bush breakfast, lunch or dinner weather permitting, Sundowner in scenic locations, Guided bush walk accompanied by local Masai naturalist, limited laundry
- International flightsvisa fees
- Excursions such as balloon safari & Masai village visits (arranged on request)
- Premium drinks