7 nights Tour- November 11-18
Great Ethiopian Run
Monday 11 November: Arrive in Addis Ababa off overnight flight; transfer to hotel.
Tuesday 12 November: Morning flight to Lalibela; afternoon excursion to rock-hewn churches
Wednesday 13 November: Excursion to Asheton Mariam Church on mountainside above Lalibela; followed by more time to visit rock- hewn churches in town.
Thursday 14 november: Training run in Lalibela; then transfer to airport for flight back to Addis Ababa; transfer to hotel in Addis Ababa.
Friday 15 November: Excursion to Kechene Pottery to see women designing pottery; afternoon visit to Sabahar weaver workshop; evening meal at traditional Ethiopian restaurant with international participants.
Saturday 16 November: Morning visit to National Museum & Ethnographic Museum followed by lunch at Taitu Hotel, Ethiopia’s oldest hotel; afternoon at your own leisure; evening pasta party at Hilton Hotel with international participants.
Sunday 17 November: Participate in the Great Ethiopian Run 10km; afternoon post-race lunch with other international participants.
Monday 18 November: Morning transfer to airport and flight home.
- 7 nights’ hotel accommodation (B&B, twin sharing)
- Domestic return flights to Lalibela*
- Airport transfers
- Race entry fee
- All excursions as listed above
- Lunch at Taitu Hotel including transport
- Meal at Ethiopian restaurant on Friday including transport
- Pasta party on Saturday including transport
- Participation in the race + transport to start and from finish
- Post-race lunch on Sunday *please add $250 if not flying Ethiopian to Ethiopia
- International flights & visa for Ethiopia
- Meals other than those listed above
- Travel insurance